1. “I saw that new film yesterday.” “Did you? I ________ it yet.”
A.didn’t see B.hadn’t seen
C.haven’t seen D.not saw
2. ________you write your return address on the envelope?
A.Had B.Have C.Are D.Did
3. We ________ supper when a policeman came to the door.
A.just have had B.had had just
C.have just had D.had just had
4. By the time the doctor arrived, the man ________ already.
A.died B.has died
C.had died D.dies
5. By the time lecture is over, we ________ a lot about the earth.
A.shall be learning
D.shall have learnt
6. The shoes are too small. They ________ be mine.
C.mustn’t D.may not
7. Peter ________come with us tonight, but he isn’t very sure yet.
A.must B.may C.can D.will
8. “May I have a look at the picture?” “Yes, you ________.”
A.must B.need C.can D.should
9. She needs a good rest. She’d better ________ until seven tomorrow.
A.not to sleep
B.go to bed
C.not go to bed
10. I haven’t brought my rubber with me. ________I use yours?
A.Must B.May C.Need D.Shall
11. I need one more stamp before my collection________.
C.has been completed
12. “________the letter ________ to Mr. Black?”
A.Is; being given
B.Has; been given
C.Will; be given
13. The river has ________two feet because of the flood.
C.been risen D.been raised
14. I think that the book ________ him.
A.belongs to B.is belonged to
C.is belong to D.belongs
15. I’m sorry you can’t go in now. The room ________ yet.
A.hasn’t been cleaned
C.isn’t been cleaned
D.hasn’t being cleaned
16. “Whose idea is it?” “It’s________.”
A.the idea of her
B.the idea of him
C.an idea of them
D.an idea of theirs
17. On the table there were vegetables, bread and two large________.
A.bowl of soup B.bowl of soups
C.bowls of soups D.bowls of soup
18. The washing machine cost the family five hundred ________.
C.dollar D.of dollar
19. There are ________ animals at the zoo, aren’t there?
A.few B.a few
C.group of D.huge number of
20. Mr. Smith got ________ good news from home.
C.quite a few D.a few
21. ________people attended the meeting last Saturday.
A.A hundred of B.Hundred of
C.Hundred D.Hundreds of
22. More than ________ years ago, there was a war between these two cities.
C.three hundred of
D.three hundreds of
23. Jane can play not only ________ piano but also ________ tennis.
A./; the B.the; the
C.the; / D./; /
24. There are ________ books in our school library.
C.some thousands of
D.several thousands of
25. There are ________ students in our school.
A.five hundreds and forty two
B.five hundred and forty two
C.five hundred and forty two
D.five hundreds and forty two
26. He thinks that English isn’t ________important ________ maths.
A.as; so B.so; as
C.as; than D.so; than
27. He ________ as his brother.
A.speaks English not as good
B.speaks English not so well
C.doesn’t speak English as good
D.doesn’t speak English so well
28. Wei Fang doesn’t dance as ________ as Li Ping.
A.good B.better C.best D.well
29. If you like the fish, please have as ________ as you can.
A.many B.more C.much D.a lot
30. Which truck is carrying ________ boxes, the first or the second?
C.the most D.more
31. As they were asleep, ________of them heard the sound.
A.all B.both C.any D.none
32. He was ill. ________is why he didn’t attend the meeting.
A.This B.It C.There D.That
33. I’m busy now. I ask him to see me ________ time.
A.the other B.some other
C.other D.no other
34. Tom’s composition is better than ________ in the class.
A.anyone’s else B.anyone else
C.anyone else’s D.anyone’s else’s
35. I want some coffee but there was ________ in the bottle.
A.any B.no C.none D.nothing
36. There is ________ ink in the bottle, is there?
A.a little B.a few
37. “________do you visit your aunt?” “Once a year.”
A.How long B.How often
C.How soon D.How many times
38. Go and shut the windows, ________?
A.will you B.do you
C.won’t you D.don’t you
39. He never has lunch at the factory, ________he?
A.has B.hasn’t C.does D.doesn’t
40. They need some help, ________they?
A.do B.don’t C.need D.need’t
41. The thought ________ her mother may lose eye-sight worries her.
A.which B.what C.that D.why
42. Be quick, ________ the bus will leave.
A.and B.for C.so D.or
43. The truth is________ he cannot afford to buy a new house.
A.why B.because C.that D.only
44. There are two oranges here, you may choose ________ this one ________ that one.
D.not only; but also
45. He missed the first bus, ________he was late for the meeting.
A.so B.or C.for D.because
46. Here are the players from Japan, some ________ are our old friends.
A.from whom B.of them
C.among them D.of whom
47. The library ________ we’ll visit next week is not far from here.
A.where B.in which
C.which D.to which
48. Is there anything else ________ you require?
A.which B.that C.who D.what
49. This is one of the best films ________ this year.
A.which has been shown
B.that have shown
C.that have been shown
D.have been shown
50. Do you know the man ________?
A.whom I often talk
B.with who I often talk
C.I often talk with
D.that I often talk
51. As soon as he ________ here, I’ll tell him about it.
A.will come B.come
C.comes D.is coming
52. I am good at English ________ he does well in Japanese.
A.while B.when C.because D.as
53. He told me ________ free, he would come to our party.
A.if was he
B.that if he was
D.that whether he was
54. It must have rained last night, ________ the ground is wet.
A.for B.because C.as D.so
55. ________there is enough snow, we can’t go skiing.
A.Because B.As C.Unless D.However
56. There are a lot of animals in the zoo. Let’s ________ at them.
A.go look B.go and look
C.look and go D.go looked
57. We often provide our children with toys, footballs or basketballs, ________ that all children like these things.
C.to think D.thought
58. While we were listening to the teacher, I noticed Phillip ________ a picture.
A.drew B.is drawing
C.drawing D.to draw
59. The film is very instructive. It is worth________.
A.seeing B.to see
C.see D.being seen
60. It took us three days ________ the work.
A.finish B.will finish
C.to finish D.finished
1-5. CDDCD 6-10. BBCDB 11-15. DBBAA 16-20. DDABB 21-25. DBCAC
26-30. BDDCD 31-35. DDBCC 36-40. CBACB 41-45. CDCAA 46-50. DCBCC
51-55.CABAC 56-60. BACAC